Thursday, February 24, 2011

Three Cheers for Inspiration

I was so excited today to figure out how to make a dress, just by looking at a picture.  Who would have ever thought I could do something like that? 

I had some left over material from Briana's costume and a dress I made for her, so I pieced together what I had to make that dress from yesterday's post.  It isn't perfect, but I didn't even look at the picture when I was making it, so {whoops} on my part!

This is the inspiration dress...


And after 2 hours of cutting and sewing, here is my dress...

 
Okay, so it's not perfect.  But I imagine the seamstress that makes those dresses has made hundreds of that one, and this was only my first.  The material I used wasn't exactly what I should have either.  But I'm still pretty proud and Briana loves it!

She had fun modeling...




I'm excited to try making it more too.  I've decided to get some really pretty Laura Gunn material for an Easter dress for Briana...



And for the boys I imagine I will make tie tees (of course!), here is the fabric I've chosen by Riley Blake...


I think I will stick with trying to make things without patterns.  I end up much happier and less stressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment