Monday, February 21, 2011

Leg Warmers

When we were at Target I found some knee high socks on clearance...yippee!  I bought two pairs to make leggings for Briana's St Patrick's Day outfit and baby legs for Charlie's 4 month pictures. 

If you haven't seen a tutorial on these before I figured I would post how I did it.  I searched for a tutorial myself and found one on eHow, but I didn't do mine exactly as they suggested.

First I laid out the socks and snipped with my sewing shears.  One cut above the ankle all the way across, one cut under the heel, and then cut off the toe spot of the sock. 

You can see where you should cut here

What they look like after the first step

Next, take the foot part and turn it inside out...


Take the inside out foot part and match the two unfinished ends together.  You will see the "right" side of the material, and match it up to the long tube so all three unfinished ends are together now.


all three unfinished sides together

I didn't use pins to keep them together, but you do want to make sure you stretch the material as you go, so you don't lose where the end of the curling fabric is.  Use your sewing machine (all I did was straight stitch) all the way around. 

This took all of 5 minutes!



Love them on Charlie!






I finished Briana's first, before I thought to take pictures as I went along, but this is how they turned out.  I think I have to shorten her dress now so you can see more of the cute leggings!



I love the shamrock leggings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment