Thursday, February 17, 2011

Shamrock

My sister, Beth, has an awesome blog.  The other day she had her girls valentine's day shirts featured.  I thought it would be cute to embellish Briana's St. Patrick's day dress with a shamrock made the same way!!


This is the before picture of the dress I had already made
 

First I cut out the shape of a shamrock onto white felt.


Next I cut out about a zillion circles of the shamrock fabric left over from her dress.



as you can see, they didn't need to be perfect circles
Then I took a pencil, put the middle of the circle fabric around the end of the pencil, and dabbed a bit of hot glue on the end of the fabric. 



I then put the glue side down on the felt shamrock.


its hard to see, but I'm holding the pencil in my hand as well, to place the fabric on the shamrock

So simple!! 


finished shamrock

Briana was up to modeling the new and improved dress with her new headband.

I place the shamrock on the bottom half of the dress by a
safety pin...I might change my mind on placement...

Thanks Beth for the inspiration!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment