Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lazy Saturday

Last night Dan and I went out with my sisters, their spouses and my parents to our old stomping grounds, Carmel High School, for the annual fundraiser, Street Scenes.  It was great getting out of the house to be with grown ups...but there weren't many of the younger crowd there last night.  Our entertainment consisted of having our cocktails and watching the 60somethings 'rockin out' to some old school rock 'n roll.  If I find the video my brother in law took on you tube, I will definitely share it with you! 

Today I would really like to get my 6 year old Briana's valentines for school finished and possible even finish my apron, Briana's apron and a dress I started for her over 2 weeks ago!

Here is the fabric I chose for my apron...I was disappointed in the selection at my small Joann's, so maybe after I finish this one I will keep an eye out for something that is more "me".




But I do love the fabric for Briana's!




I also started a 'pillowcase' style dress for Briana a while back, made from flannel to keep her warmer than the cotton versions, but if I don't get it finished soon she won't be able to get much use out of it.  I know, it's wishful thinking...Chicago won't be warm for months!



I can't wait to show the finished products!!!

I have Briana working on her Valentines right now, so I will be back to post pics later!

No comments:

Post a Comment