Thursday, February 17, 2011

Burp Cloths and Star Wars

A good friend of mine asked me to make a gender neutral baby shower gift for her friend.  So after a little thought, I decided to check out the fabric store to see if I could find some flannel to make a soft burp cloth from a cloth diaper.  I {LOVE} my flannel burp cloths, so why not! 

I found a section of greyish blue's that were semi-floral.  Seemed perfect to me!

After a small fight with my sewing machine [man I REALLY need a new one] I have three beautiful, baby shower ready burp cloths!

Stacked

Stacked on an angle

Mod Flowers

Delicate pattern

Lots of leaves

All three
So on to the Star Wars part of today's entry.  One of my best friend's son just ADORES Star Wars.  And since his birthday is coming up, I wanted to give him something with that theme in mind.  Too bad I can't find Star Wars patterned fabric ANYWHERE!!!!  But I did find a onesie at Old Navy with Yoda on it.  I carefully cut out the picture, secured it on a canvas tote and zigzag stitched.  Unfortunately, it was a teeny onesie, so I couldn't get it to form a perfect circle.  I think it looks VERY homemade, so I might tinker with it again later.  Then again, it is a library bag for a 6 year old, so it doesn't have to be perfect...as long as I get him another super cool gift!  


Hooray for a productive day!  Maybe tomorrow I will be able to mess around with my new Cricut Cake....


No comments:

Post a Comment