Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ruffle Top Dress

The ruffle top dress is done!!  I'm happy with how it turned out, but of course have a few changes to make the next time I make one.  I'm never satisfied!!  {gah!}

Anyway, Briana of course loves the dress!  I love the fabric I chose!  Its a Laura Gunn print called Poppy Denim Dogwood Stripe.  I used a heavy weight fabric that looks like linen for the border and the tie.  What I don't like about it is how thin I made the white ruffle band up top.  I think I will at least double the size next time around.  I also am not completely happy with the width of the dress as a whole, so next time I will add a few inches around.  But it sure does show off Briana's baby blue eyes!!!

This is what I mean...I think the ruffle band should be the same width as the straps maybe...

...and maybe if it were wider, it would be 'fuller' looking too
I love the little 'v' in the back with the straps!
she loves it!
love her blue eyes!
she really isn't bashful....
Next I will be making a head band for the outfit and maybe ruffle leg warmers?  And the boys material came in for the ties for their shirts and I'm in love with that too! 

My sister is having me make her niece an apron, so those pics will come shortly as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment