Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hey Chicago What Do You Say...

I found a link the other day that showed how to make a dress out of a men's tee shirt.  I didn't have it on hand when I started cutting and sewing (maybe I wouldn't have had to rip the dress apart if I had) but it turned out pretty well.  At least I know how to do it the next time.  I have a bulls shirt too!

Mens Tee

First I took one of Briana's long sleeve tees and used it as a template

This is the bottom of the shirt.  I saved it to make the skirt part of the dress

This is what it looks like after you ruffle the rough edge
of the skirt and sew it into the shirt.

Cubs shirt.  My favorite part is the Cubbie bear on the sleeve

I made the leggings from knee high socks

Briana is very excited to cheer on her cubbie's this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment