Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pinafore Palooza

My daughter is turning into a young lady.  I sometimes look at her and wonder where the baby girl has gone, her eyes are this soft alluring blue and her faces (although sometime demon-like) are so grown up. 

In order to keep my baby, a baby for just a little bit longer, I decided to make her a pinafore.  These are making quite the comeback!  They look especially cute on babies beginning to walk, with a ruffled tush diaper cover on.  I {of course} did not insist on Briana wearing a diaper cover, but did make her a pinafore shirt today to wear with skinny jeans.  I'm excited to say it turned out perfectly!  I bought the pattern from Laurie  and it came with a printable pattern, directions and even a youtube video! 

My intentions were to make something she could wear right now but also through the cold months.  And I couldn't be happier with the result!  There is enough room for her to put a long sleeved tee under it, and it is beautiful on her just as the pinafore. 

I had purchased this material months ago, thinking I'd make something out of it, and I'm so happy I hadn't yet!  Green is a good color on my belle and the elephants and dandelions are adorable.  Yes, adorable.  I would like to say I think this top has accomplished my goal of preserving her baby years *for me, but I have to say, she looks even more like a growing beauty.  All you moms out there know what I'm going through!  {DEEP BREATHS}

Here are some pictures







No comments:

Post a Comment