Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ella Grace

Ella Grace turns 7 next week.  I remember when my sister, Beth, told me she was expecting.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  But it was 7 years ago.  Sigh. 

She is having her "American Girl" birthday party today, and Briana had asked me to make a 'shirt' for her American Girl doll, Kit to match the pinafore I had made for her last week.  Briana intends on wearing her pinafore today and it would really be cute if they matched. 

So I took my pattern and tried to scale it down to Kit's size.  I didn't want to make it reversible, because that's just ridiculous.  {Ha}  I used bias tape for the unfinished edges, and just made a hem at the bottom of the dress, because I ran out of tape!  {whoops} 

And since Briana had a pinwheel headband, Kit had to have one too.  Good thing a normal sized pony tail holder is equivalent to an American Girl doll headband! 

Here we have it!  My first American Girl doll pinafore dress. 





If you would like a custom order of this, please message me through my etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment