Friday, April 1, 2011

Hello, Kitty

I can't believe how long its been since I blogged!!!  Almost 2 weeks!  Well, my kids are on Spring Break so we've been very busy!! 

I've had a few orders on my etsy shop (stuff you've already seen) so I've not had too much to talk about!

I did have a friend commission me to make a dress for her cousin though...  Briana modeled it for me because they are both 6 and I just wanted to make sure my measurements were correct... 

When she first contacted me about a Hello Kitty themed dress I thought for sure I'd have a huge variety to chose from.  Not so much the case in the States!  I tried Esty and found a BUNCH from Japan, but with everything going on there that wasn't a possibility.  Bummer too because they had the prettiest material!! 

We will fast forward a bit...  I found some material that my client liked and then matched it up with a striped fabric for the body of the dress.  Briana loved it so much she didn't want me to sell it...sorry dear. 



And as you can see it's fully lined with muslin.  I've decided to line all my dresses until at least I get a serger.  Hopefully that is soon! 

I am working on a bunch of dresses right now, and one new style.  Hopefully it turns out great!  {and hopefully it doesn't take me another 2 weeks to post again!}

No comments:

Post a Comment