Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Finally Made Something For Me!!

Okay, so I've been sewing now for 6 months.  Time sure does fly.  But I've not made anything for myself yet.  So today, as I was looking at etsy for ideas (we have a family photo shoot in two weeks) I saw this shirt and thought, I could do that!  It isn't going to be what I wear to the photo shoot, because it just doesn't match the other outfits, but I'm happy that I finally did something for me.  All it took was an old shirt that I already had and some remnants of material I found in my sewing drawers. 

The Concept

My Own Design
with a little POP of color



And this is one I made for a friend's birthday!




Then later today, I decided I needed a half apron.  I've been wanting one for ages, and never feel like dishing out the $20 (I'm sure they are worth it, but when it comes to buying {anything} for myself, I usually go clearance rack)  So I had some cute material just laying around for when I was inspired, and took advantage of it!


 

I think its charming.  A perfect hostess apron.  

As always, if you like what you see on my blog, I sell custom orders through my etsy shop!!

1 comment: