Friday, April 15, 2011

Mushrooms and Owls and Squirrels, Oh My!

We have started transitioning Charlie into his crib at night.  Oh, so much fun.  {sigh} 

He seems to really enjoy looking at his mobile above his changing table, so we thought a mobile over his crib would work well to keep him entertained enough... 

I looked on etsy (of course) because I'm not too into "commercial" ideas these days.  {more power to those WAHM's!!!}  And I got some ideas that I liked... 





I took some ideas from all of those pictures.  From the first, I took the fun shapes (obviously not hearts and other 'too girly' things as my husband would say)  {wink}

From the second, I took the different layering of fun paper.  (although a bird would probably look really cool too...)

From the third picture, I took the many (many) cut outs.

And finally, from the fourth, I took the idea of wrapping the wreath in yarn. 

So I had a game plan and the materials.  I had my sister cut the shapes for me because she has a really cool Cricut and that makes life easier!  I bought a wreath form, jewelry thread (the clear kind) and yarn from Joann's and the paper from Hobby Lobby. 

First I wrapped the yarn around the wreath from...




Next I took the shapes we cut and started gluing.  This definitely was what takes the longest.  But it was well worth it.  {I hope}

Here are the prints I chose for the front/back

I glued one side first totally, then on the other side, before gluing, I placed the clear string in between papers, instead of putting a hole in each, I just glued it to the paper. 

Then I tied the string at different levels on the wreath and {presto!} was done!!

We used the 3'' cut on the Cricut


It's done!


Charlie's view


I'm really hopeful that he likes looking at it when he is in his crib.  I'm so pleased with what it adds to his nursery also.  I might embellish it some more, but y'all know I'll update pictures if I do!!  {smile}


3 comments:

  1. Love it - I would love to have something like that for Zach!!! Some day I will get inspired to make it :) Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured it was you Jeemaa! Charlie loves it so far!! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete