Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Calling All Toy Story Fans

I'm going to go out on a limb right now and say my kids are like most kids these days...obsessed with anything to do with Toy Story.  Imagine that!  {hehe}

So when Brayden decided in a split second that he wanted a Toy Story birthday party (yes, I've started planning his June birthday party already) I started searching the world wide web.  I came across some really cute shirts on etsy that I used for inspiration for my latest project.  Mine aren't complete yet (figured I had a little time to finish them-ha!)...I haven't decided what I'm going to use for the Sheriff's badge yet on mine.  And I also liked the idea of a red tutu to go with the Jesse shirt I made for Briana, but again, lots of time to decide!

If you would like a shirt like this one please visit my shop for a custom order!

First I started by finding plain yellow shirts.  This was more difficult that I thought it was going to be!!


At first I only saw the romper (so cute isn't it!!?), but then with a little more searching I found the other two shirts too.  {yay!}  I guess I should have ironed them before taking pics...

Next, I cut out muslin for the pattern of the vest.  I wanted to line them because the boys vests aren't fully sewn in.  I think it's adorable!



Then I cut out the cow fabric, and sewed them together and turned them right side out.  Then, before finishing the tops, to add a more authentic cowboy touch, I hand stitched some thick black thread into the sides.



Closer look

Then I pinned them into the shirts and in Briana's I sewed the whole thing in.  But in the boy's, I only did the sides and tops, so they "hang" a little when whey sit.  It's cute!!






I love them!!!  I'm thinking Charlie will need a whole new outfit by the time Brayden's party comes around.  Its a 9 month outfit!  I really thought it would be okay.  Nope.  {sigh}

What I'm thinking about adding should be pretty easy.  Maybe a red tutu for Briana, or some leg warmers with red "tutu" trim and a jean skirt...  {hmmmm} 

For Brayden he definitely needs a red bandanna and a Sheriff's badge...maybe just a Sheriff's badge for Charlie's.  No choking hazards for my baby!  

Trust me, there will be (lots) more posted about his birthday party.  Since we didn't go all out for Briana's 6th birthday, I feel like I'm making up for lost time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment